Original source: Tyler Florence
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 oz. sour cream
- dash of lemon flavor or lemon zest
- dash of vanilla extract
- stand mixer
- 8 in. springform pan
- large roasting pan (I use the inner part of my large electric roaster)
- aluminum foil
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Boil a large pot of water (around 1 gallon)
- Spray springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. You can also put a layer of parchment on the bottom to make removal easier.
- Combine crust ingredients, then press into bottom of springform pan and up the sides about 1 inch. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Beat softened cream cheese in stand mixer on medium-low for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Room temperature probably isn’t soft enough; I usually have to heat my cream cheese a bit to make it work.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and beat on medium-low to combine
- Add sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add sour cream, lemon flavor and vanilla and beat until combined. Do not over-beat!
- Pour filling into crust lined pan. Wrap outside of pan with foil tightly to prevent water from leaking in.
- Place springform pan in roasting pan, then fill roasting pan with boiling water until halfway up edges of springform pan (usually until it barely floats)
- Bake for 45 minutes at 325°F. Filling will still be a bit wobbly; that’s fine.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then remove from pan and chill in refrigerator for 4 hours to set.
- Top cheesecake with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, and pecans.
- 2016-12-12 - Tried to make this for Monday night. Sadly my water bath leaked into the pan a bit so the bottom crust was soggy. But, overall the taste was spot-on!