A great start to wonderful Mexican cuisine.
Original source: Allrecipies
- 6 - 8 lb. pork shoulder (Boston butt roast), cut into 2-3 in. pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 32 oz. containers chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt & pepper
- chili powder
- dried yellow mustard
- large skillet
- dutch oven
- cutting board & knife
- Heat oil in skillet and brown all sides of each piece of meat.
- Combine all ingredients except broth in dutch oven. I usually do 1 tbsp. chili powder and cumin to 1 tsp. other seasonings
- Add broth until ingredients are mostly covered.
- Heat to boiling, then simmer for up to 3 hours.
- Remove from pan and place on cutting board. Shred pork between two forks.
- Optional: Can bake in 400°F oven for 20-30 minutes until browned further.
- 2016-12-12 - Made really delicious burritos and nachos for Monday Night. I saved the broth to use as a chili base later this winter