I teach Computer Science at Kansas State University, focusing in teaching and developing online courses for our Computational Core program. Those courses are used in our online certificate and B.A. programs. We also hope to extend those courses to other audiences, such as high schools, partner institutions, and industry partners.
I am also a Ph.D. student focusing in Computer Science Education research. The bulk of my research consists of examining the educational outcomes of our online programs.
- Title: Instructor in the K-State Department of Computer Science
- Email: russfeld AT ksu DOT edu
- Alt. Email: russfeldh AT gmail DOT com
Email is my preferred method of communication
- Mobile Phone: (7 eight 5) 2 nine 2 - 3 one 2 one
If I don’t answer, please leave a message. I will do my best to respond quickly.
I accept text messages as well. Please include your name in the message.
- Social Media: Links to my social media are in the sidebar
- Other: I can often be found online as @russfeld or variations of “Spartom 117” while gaming
- Pronouns: I use he/him pronouns
Email is definitely my preferred method of contact, but if you need to reach me right away please call or text my mobile number. It’s very likely that I won’t answer a call from an unknown number, but leave a message or text me and I’ll receive it pretty quickly. I also exist on several social media and communication networks, which can be found in the sidebar.
Students in any of my classes may also use the Piazza message boards to contact me quickly.