10 Dec 2016
My take on the classic tuna salad. An all-time favorite
Tuna salad has been a quick and easy comfort food for me for a long time. The addition of apples gives it a fresh and crisp flavor.
- 1 can tuna in water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cored and julienned (can use a mandolin)
- 1/2 cup vegetables, finely chopped
- bell peppers
- can use whatever is on hand
- 6 oz. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. deli mustard
- 1 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped (optional)
- medium bowl
- julienne mandolin slicer (optional)
- cutting board & knife
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Season to taste.
- Serve on a bun or bread. I like to add a pickle.
2016-12-10 - Yummy as always! I used a finer julienne on the apple this time and it released a bit more juice than I’d like. Probably will stick to the slightly larger size.