11 Mar 2017
Creamy coleslaw has so many uses!
You can eat it as a side dish, or even put it on your sandwiches. Either way, it is a sure fire way to get some veggies in your diet!
Original source: SeriousEats
- 1 large head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated on a box grater
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 3 tbsp sugar
- large colander
- large bowl
- Combine cabbage, carrot, parsley, salt and sugar in large colander. Let it rest for 30 minutes to remove moisture.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined. Adjust ratios to taste.
- Combine dressing and veggies. Toss to coat.
2017-03-11 - Works pretty well. The original recipe I had didn’t add so much sugar, and I thought it was not sweet enough. This one should be much better!